At SMCC, we want to partner with parents and families in the discipleship of your children. Every week on this page, you can find what your children learned about on Sunday, their Bible memory verse, and ideas for how to apply their lesson at home throughout the week. We hope you will take advantage of these resources during family devotion times to reinforce and extend your children's learning.
Lil' K (Preschool ministry)
Big Idea: I can talk like Jesus did.
Bible Story: Luke 4:38-44 - Jesus Finds a Quiet Spot to Pray
Memory Verse: “I pray to you. Answer me because you love me sooo much.” Psalm 69:13
- Where is a quiet spot in your house?
- Do you like going to that quiet spot?
- Does God like it when we talk to Him?
Kidmo (Elementary ministry)
Big Idea: God is holy. He can never do something bad or evil. He is love. He always loves us just the same. He is just. He cannot do anything that is unfair.
Bible Story: Luke 15:11-24 - The Prodigal Son
Compass Point: “Is it true? I see God in you.”
Memory Verse: “We can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.” 2 Corinthians 3:18 NLT
Ideas for Applying This Week's Lesson at Home:
- Make a poster with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 written on it.
- Tell the Parable of the Prodigal Son to someone in your family.
- Complete this week’s Map Book! Bring it back on Sunday for points for your team.
If you don't already have the Bible App for Kids, we highly recommend it! You can download it free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon. It is a great way for your kids to learn Bible stories and interact with them on the go!
- 41 Bible stories just for kids
- Kid-friendly navigation
- Games and activities that help kids remember what they're learning
- Touch-activated animations